Experience in Education & Training:
Throughout my career, I have been actively involved in the process of medical education and training in both Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology. My experience in this area at national, regional and international levels is highlighted as follows:
- Faculty member and Chair of Educational Committee in the Egyptian Society for Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (ESPED).
- Member of Organizing and Scientific Committees of various Pediatric Endocrine meetings in Egypt.
- Guest speaker in various conferences and symposia.
- Taking active part in developing and delivering the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology in Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University since 1999.
- Educational supervisor for a number of Master and MD students, Ain Shams University, since 2003.
- Participation in the Faculty Leadership Development Project (FLDP), Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Teaching in some educational courses e.g Communication skills, Research writing and international publication, Evaluation of teaching skills, The use of technology in teaching and education Ethical aspects in research, How to conduct a multicenter research project, Scheduling exams and students evaluation, How to perfectly organize international conferences, How to update your teaching skills, Financial and logistic aspects in conducting research and The leadership of a research team.
- Participation in evaluation of Medical students (undergraduates and postgraduates) in the Pediatrics Department, Ain Shams University, via written, oral and Objective Structured Clinical Exams (OSCE).
- Founding member of the ASPED.
- Vice Chair of Educational Committee of the ASPED (September 2012- September 2018).
- Member of the Steering Committee of the ASPED-ESPE School since 2015 todate and regular teacher in all the three conducted schools and bone courses.
- Member of scientific committees for the ASPED Annual Scientific Conferences.
- Guest speaker in various meetings in the Middle East region.
- Hosting ESPE Winter School, Ain Sokhna, Egypt twice (March 2008 & February 2018).
- ASPED representative in e-learning program.
- Providing interactive lectures to the ESPE e-learning Program.
- Regular presentations in the ESPE Scientific meetings since 2005 (enclosed).
- Participating in reviewing the abstracts submitted to ESPE scientific meetings.
- Guest speaker in various national and international meetings.
- Organizing the combined ISPAD- ESPED meeting.
- Publishing articles in a lot of international scientific journals (enclosed).
- Attending and teaching in various ESPE Schools:
- ESPE Winter School in March 2006 (Varna, Bulgaria) as a student.
- ESPE Summer School in June 2006 (Amsterdam, Holland) as a student.
- ESPE Winter School in February 2007 (Prague, Czech Republic) in preparation to take part at Winter School as an organizer-elect for 2008.
- ESPE Winter School in February 2017 (Belchin, Bulgaria) in preparation to take part at Winter School as an organizer-elect for 2018.
- Board member of the ESPED.
- Founding member and Egypt representative in the ASPED Council since 2013.
- Founding member of Pediatric Obesity Clinic, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Founding member of Adolescent Health Care Services Clinic, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Director of Growth hormone Committee in the Egyptian Health Insurance, Nile Hospital, Cairo, Egypt.
- Head of Pediatric Endocrinology Clinic in the Egyptian Health Insurance, Nile Hospital, Cairo, Egypt.