Research/ Academic experience:
Throughout my career I have led, supervised and collaborated in a number of national and international research projects in various aspects of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes.
I have been involved in the supervision of 72 Masters and MD thesis in the field of Pediatric Endocrinology in Ain Shams University and other national Universities and was an examiner in 41 theses in the field of Pediatric Endocrinology.
Ongoing research projects:
- Vitamin D Status in Healthy Egyptian Children and Adolescents.
- Study of Fibroscan and Serum Visfatin in Obese Children and Adolescents with Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD).
- A Survey on Characteristics and Management of Osteogenesis Imperfercta in ASPED Countries.
- Metabolic Parameters in Egyptian Girls with Premature Adrenarche.
Editing & reviewing:
- Member of the Editorial board in the Austin Endocrinology and Diabetes Case Reports.
- Reviewer in the following Journals:
- Endocrine Journal.
- Hormones Journal.
- Biomed Central Research Notes (BMC Research Notes).
- British Medical Journal Open (BMJ open).
- Italian Journal of Pediatrics.
- Journal of Food and Nutritional Disorders.
- Pediatric Research.
- Vitamins and Trace Elements Journal.
- Turkish Journal of Rheumatology.
- Egyptian Journal of Medical Human Genetics.